- Added colors to title, options, pause, and game over screens
- Added reload key and "press r to reload" message to game over screen
- Added tan dot, which causes all regular dots to give extra hits for a time
- Redesigned title screen
- Updated documentation
- Fixed a bug that allowed the options screen to get stuck on and replace the pause screen
Dots! Help File
Dots! Help File
How to play:
- Left arrow: move left
- Right arrow: move right
- Space Bar: shoot
- P: pause/unpause
- S: save
- O: options
- V: version (only works when not paused)
- Lives: Your remaining lives. You lose a life when you collide with a dot.
- Hits: Your hits. If you get 5 hits, you get an extra life and your hots are reset to zero.
- Score: Your score.
- Red Dots Shot: Shows how many red dots have been shot out of 10.
- Bullet Strength: Shows the maximum number of dots that can be destroyed with one projectile.
- Play area: The game takes place inside this.
- Blue Dot: The standard dot. Shoot it for 10 points.
- Orange Dot: Extra life dot. Shoot it for 10 points and an extra life.
- White Dot: Increased projectile strength dot. Shoot it for 10 points and a one-dot increase in projectile strength.
- Yellow Dot: Extra hit dot. Shoot it for 10 points and an extra hit.
- Red Dot: Level complete dot. Shoot five to complete the level.
- Green Dot: Extra projectile dot. Shoot it to be able to have more projectiles onscreen for a time.
July 20, 2014: More Updates! Removed the Planned Games section.
January 16, 2013: Updates! Added the Planned Games section. Also, added the Dots 2.0 announcement.